by Miller Heiman
As a partner of Miller Heiman Group across Asia, I am happy to send you the latest MHG Sales Performance Report as of 2019. Use this report to review, reflect and make changes in your sales productivity strategies for 2020 to remain competitive in the ever changing world of global B2B sales. Here are some of report highlights. Download for the full report is found at the end of this brief blog.
Sales organisations are better at hitting their revenue goals; 94 percent of commitments were met in 2018, making it the third straight year of growth. But while revenues seem solid, it’s not because of sales performance.
Organisations are making hires and providing sales departments with resources, but those salespeople are neither winning a greater percentage of deals nor turning a higher percentage of leads into opportunities. Sales leaders must reflect on and consider the following indicators of seller stagnation and decline seen in 2018:
- Win rates remained steady from 2017 at 47 percent — a number that should be growing.
- Sellers closed less than half of what they forecasted to close.
- Less than a third of revenue (30%) came from new accounts.
- More than two-thirds of sales organisations have no clear lead definition or nurture process.
Our latest study, “The 2018-2019 Sales Performance Report” from CSO Insights, the research division of MHG, found that sellers are no more successful than they were three years ago, and performance and productivity aren’t driving revenue growth.
With the goal of reversing these trends, the report explores what made the top performing sales organisations so successful in 2018, and provides actionable steps for achieving the top four sales goals in 2019.
Based on insights from nearly 900 global sales leaders, the report uncovers:
- The immediate steps to increasing win rates this year
- How to actually improve lead generation
- The keys to securing new accounts
- How to expand penetration among existing customers
In addition to the full study, you’ll also gain access to a report summary, as well as our new sales growth infographic.
Download the 2019 Sales Performance Report by clicking here.
Have a Great Year Exceeding Your Sales Targets!
Michael J Griffin
Founder ELAvate Sales!
Miller Heiman Master Sales Trainer